I have mentioned on the previous posting that I will continue to add-on the pattern. The pattern will be guideline to serve us better in terms of development.
1. State the outcome in positive terms
- Where are you now? (Present State)
- Where do you want to be? (Desired State)
- What do you want in that desired state?
- What do you want to positively achieve or experience?
- What are you going toward?
2. Specify the outcome in sensory based terms
- What will you see, hear, feel, etc, when you have it?
- What steps or stages are involved in reaching this outcome?
- Have you used all of your senses in this description?
3. Identify the Contexts of this desired outcome
- Where, when, how, with whom, etc. will you get this outcome?
- In what context or contexts is this outcome appropriate?
- What are the most fitting and appropriate contexts for this outcome?
4. Identify the steps and stages involved in reaching this outcome
- What are the steps involved in reaching this goal?
- What are the stages involved?
- Is this goal chunk down into small enough bits so that you feel that each piece is do-able?
- Does the size of this outcome seem overwhelming to you at all?
5. Self-initiated and maintained
- Is the outcome something that you can initiate yourself and maintain?
- Do you have it within your power and ability to reach this goal?
- Is it within your control?
- Can you initiate the actions to get started?
- Can you maintain those actions or is it dependant upon what someone else needs to do?
6. Identify the resources you will need to achieve this outcome
- What resources will you need in order to get this outcome?
- Who will you have to become?
- Who else has achieved this outcome?
- Have you ever had or done this before?
- Do you know anyone who has?
- What prevents you from moving toward it and attaining it now?
7. Evidence Procedure
- How will you know that your outcome has been realized?
- What will let you know that you have attained that desired state?
- How do you know when to get out?
- When exactly you will be there?
- When will you feel satisfied>
8. Make sure the outcome is compelling and motivating
- Is the outcome compelling?
- Does it pull on you?
- Will it get you up out of bed in the morning?
- How much do you want this?
- How much do you feel this as compelling from 0 to 10 if 10 is absolute?
- How much do you need this to feel motivating?
- What would make this really sparkle?
9. Quality Control the Outcome to ensure is balanced and ecological
- Is this desired outcome ecological?
- What will you gain through it?
- What will you lose?
- Is it achievable?
- Does it respect your health, relationships, etc?
- Are there any parts of you that object to actualizing the outcome results?
10. Put the outcome on your time-line in your future and try it on
As you have come this far... allowing yourself to imagine a time and place in your future when this will become real to you....by naturally moving towards there.....in your mind....and be there....fully experiencing it...fully embrace it.... and enjoying it....every single piece of moment....that's right, and as you do notice that it's like when you reach this goal...this achievement....Notice how it feels, what things would look like, sound like...what your world like now, how are you moving through it....and enjoy this....allowing yourself to see for yourself....checking it out on the inside to see if this is what you want.....and being aware of how you might want to edit....amend it....modify it and make sure that it really fits.....
In coaching usually coachee are being asked on the outcome. Without an outcome, we have no agenda or frame to coach to and so are doomed to merely having a nice chat! To create a true coaching session, we have to get an outcome statement from the client.
Enjoy all the steps of the pattern stated. If you need me to walk with you on this for a free session, you can comment on this post or send me an email that published in this blog. I'm more happier to welcome you with my open heart and mind in order get you achieve want you really want ultimately.